I am Saška H. Kuhar, author of the international Baby Functional Movement (BFM®) program, an entrepreneur and a mother, who heartily passes on her mission and experience in the form of trainings for babies’ motor and cognitive development.
By focusing on the baby’s movements, I encourage the natural guidance of the baby, thus in the training you will be taught how to observe and give the baby the right information at the right time, and in particular to guide the baby in the path of optimal functional, i.e. motor developmental process.
I started my career in England (London), where I lived and worked for a whole decade and completed my studies of child sports pedagogy, specializing in baby’s motor development. Later, under the tutelage of my mentor Michelle Turner, I acquired all the in-depth knowledge in the field of functional movement from birth onwards and today I pass on my knowledge, supported with studies and findings, to trainers, parents, caregivers and to all who are aware of the importance of movement and what impact it has on the development of a baby.
Throughout my work abroad, I was (and still am) torn between England, America and Dubai, where I had the opportunity and honor to work and gain my experience in the most elite training and motor-development centers. And it was this kind of experience that helped me to realize my dreams and start using my entire knowledge and experience through the Baby Functional Movement (BFM®) program.
Baby Functional Movement is the direct result of my dissertation written at a university in the UK (and is translated into Slovene as an e-book titled "Razvoj dojenčka skozi gibalni in kognitivni process," eng. "Baby Development through the Motor and Cognitive Processes", 2017).
In what way?
Through practice and experience, I can with certainty say that the positive effects of correctly guiding the baby are amazing and with the right insights, parents can undoubtedly improve and / or upgrade a lot. In recent years, I have heartily been passing on my mission, written works, knowledge and experience to individuals who also dedicate their work to babies. Through intensive and carefully planned training for trainers, I have brought and trained 20 trainers (both in Slovenia and abroad) who successfully run their programs under the mentorship of our certified international Baby Functional Movement BFM® program.
I hope that my work and our group meetings serve as a guide for your daily interaction with the baby, as doing the exercises and following instructions can make a significant contribution to the baby's motor development.
- Newborn and Infant developmental specialist
- Author of BFM® (Baby Functional Movement program), UK and International
- Lecturer and Master Trainer for Baby Functional Movement (BFM®) program for professionals
- Founder of Center FM (Baby Functional Movement from birth / Educational center for parents and professionals), SLO
- Movement integration specialist (NMA/Newborn Movement Assessment™registered), USA
- Master of Sports Science (MSc)
- Bachelor of Sports and Exercise Science (BSc Hons/BExSS), UK
- Personal Trainer (advanced EQF level 4) / PT Academy, UK
- Pre / Post naatal instructor / PT Academy, UK
- Fitness instructor (ETM & Gym), UK
- Sports Nutrition Certification, UK
- Water based Exercise Certification (pre/post natal), UK
- Circuit based Exercise Certification, UK
- Indoor Cycling Exercise Certification, UK
- Body Tehnika Inštruktor, CRO
- Sports Academy (registered by Exercise professionals), UK
- Bachelor of TM Business Management (BSc Hons), UK
' It is a well-known fact today that, as conscious parents, we can decisively influence the baby's motor development, since the latter is not a hermetically sealed process, but rather a dynamic one influenced by various factors.'
'With the help of trainings, seminars and regular visits both in Slovenia and abroad, which I regularly prepare with a team of experts, I want to raise awareness of the importance of physical developmental activities in the baby's first year, and demonstrate how they affect the baby's motor and cognitive development'.